Summer School 2023
7 - 8 June (in person), 12 - 13 June (online)
How to Register
Late registration is now open until Monday 6th June
This year, the SGSSS Summer School returns as a hybrid event, with in-person sessions at the University of Edinburgh’s John McIntyre Conference Centre on 7 – 8 June, and online sessions on 12 – 13 June.
With a wide variety of interesting and useful workshops over four days across two weeks, plus opportunities to socialise, join a pub quiz and learn about social science research happening throughout Scotland, the Summer School will be an exciting way to learn advanced skills, meet other PhD students, and be inspired by ideas and stories.
The main registration period has ended. You can now sign up for sessions where there are remaining places. Please note that not all sessions will be available, accommodation is extremely limited, and dietary preferences will be requested but cannot be guaranteed.
Here’s how to sign up to be part of Summer School:
- Browse the sessions below and make a note of the ones you’d like to sign up for.
- Fill in the Late Registration Form here, selecting your chosen sessions
- When you have filled in and submitted the form, you will be sent a link where you can make payment.
- £80 for two in-person days, including lunches and B&B accommodation if required (Please note accommodation is extremely limited);
- £40 for one in-person day including lunch;
- No charge for online sessions.
- If you are an ESRC-funded student, you can reclaim your payment via an RTSG application on SGSSS Apply. This amount will not come out of your nominal RTSG allowance.
Any queries in the meantime can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for all our exciting sessions, and we look forward to welcoming you in June!