This training event aims to provide an introduction to STATA for Business and Management students. The course assumes no prior knowledge of STATA and covers a range of topics including navigating the STATA interface, basic data management and data analysis. Examples of how to use STATA in a research project will be shared.
The course runs in 5 x 2 hour interactive sessions on Zoom each Wednesday from 14:00-16:00 from 28th October – 25th November.
The course is split into 5 sessions. Over the duration of the course, we will cover:
- Fundamentals of Using Stata: STATA interface: navigating the STATA interface, do files, log files
- Data Management in Stata: labeling variables, data types, importing data, combining datasets, reshape (panel data), saving data files
- Graphics in STATA: time series plots, twoway plots, common graph options, exporting graphs
- Data Analysis: OLS regression, panel data analysis, interpret results/output, export/format results table
- Research using STATA & QA: example projects, Q&A
Students will need a computer with STATA software installed, and access to Zoom.