Led by Dr Siew Lee and Professor Catriona Kennedy
The online workshops will be conducted over two days. The sessions will provide participants with the knowledge and a range of practical tools required for conducting a systematic review. A range of approaches to evidence synthesis and systematic reviews will be considered. The workshops will consist of lectures and opportunities for participants to discuss and develop their own reviews through interactive group work and discussions.
Introduction to Systematic Reviews Part 1 – Monday 12th June 2023, 2pm – 5pm
Introduction to Systematic Reviews and planning a protocol
• Systematic reviews and their contributions to evidence base of practice
• Hierarchy of evidence
• Overview of different types of systematic reviews
• The principles of systematic reviews
• Planning a review protocol
Introduction to Systematic Reviews Part 2 – Tuesday 13th June 2023, 10am – 1pm
• Developing a search strategy for a review
• Databases to use and how to find them
• Performing an effective search
• Managing your sources of evidence
• Quality appraisal, risk of bias, data extraction,
• Analysis and synthesis of findings
• Dissemination of findings
Who is this for?
Students who intend to conduct a review for their PhD study.
Register for Summer School here!